BU enters this weekend third in the conference standings behind both of their opponents that they will see on the weekend. UNH and BC have both been on fire as of late, although the two teams did both fall once last weekend to Dartmouth and Maine, respectively. BU, on the other hand, has been playing just ok. After getting waxed by Brown 6-1 on the first day of the month, the Terriers rebounded and went on a three game unbeaten streak before losing to Merrimack 3-2 Wednesday night.
|Chis Connolly will be a key for the Terrier to have any|
kind of success this weekend. He missed both games
BC earlier this season due to a broken figure suffered in the
first period of a 4-2 win over New Hampshire.
Players to Watch
- Cam Atkinson Boston College Forward. Atkinson leads the team in total points (28) and total goals with 17. Earlier this year he destroyed BU. He scored at least a goal a game against the Terriers this season.
- Chris Kreider Boston College Forward. Kreider is coming off an impressive showing at the World Junior Championships. He was on a line with BU's Charlie Coyle and they both dominated on the power play. At BC he has 7 goals and 7 assist for 14 points, good for 5th best on the Eagles.
- Brian Gibbons Boston College Forward. Gibbons is one of only three seniors on the Eagles. He is second in scoring with 27 points (10g 17a). He, like Atkinson, can score from everywhere. He has good speed and a hard shot.
- John Muse, Boston College Goalie. Muse has 17 wins including 2 shutouts. He has a 2.16 goals against average.
- Mike Sislo, UNH forward. Sislo is second on the team in goals (9) and over all points (28) .
- Matt DiGirolamo, UNH goaltender. DiGirolamo has played in 20 games and holds a .922 save %.