Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Victor and Vinny Saponari both dismissed from the team

Yesterday I put up an article that said the Victor Saponari had been released from the team and that Vinny (photo) had been suspended along with Corey Trivino after a drinking incident. That's still true but now both of the Saponari brothers have been dismissed from the BU hockey team. This is according to a USCHO article.
“Over a period of time, there have been cumulative instances in which Victor and Vinny Saponari have displayed conduct unbecoming of a Boston University hockey player,” Terriers coach Jack Parker said in a news release. “In a related issue, Trivino will be suspended for the early part of next season."-USCHO
“I just found out today, like all of you, and I’m pretty shocked, just as shocked as everyone else,” Saponari said. “I didn’t see this coming. I know I’d made some mistakes as far as rules go, but I really didn’t think it would lead to this"- The Daily Free Press  

Vinny had racked up 48 points in 82 games as a Terrier and was drafted in the fourth round NO. 94 over all in the '08 draft. Victor played in only 13 game and only tallied two points his whole carer and never scored a goal.

The Daily Free Press has more coverage on this story. Click here for the link

No comments:

Post a Comment