Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BU, Islanders want big season from Trivino

The New York Islanders took young, Corey Trivino (photo) in the second round of the 2008, 36th overall. In his first season, Corey played well as BU's third line center on the the 2009 National Championship team


Last season was a different story. He had a less that par start to the 2010 campaign. Scoring only four goals in 28 games. Then in February, playing in the second game of a series with Maine, Trivino broke his fibula after crashing in to to boards. After this BU took a huge blow and never fully recovered. They would lose a month later to Maine in the Hockey East Semi finals, ending their season. 

    "We had a bad start, but things started to roll in the second semester," Trivino told NHL.com at the Islanders' development camp at the Nassau Coliseum. "We had a good winning streakgoing, good chemistry going. Unfortunately, I got injured and it kind of messed up the lines."-NHL.com

"I've been trying to work hard in the gym, especially (after) I got injured," he said. "I had a lot of free time and I didn't want to put it to waste. I was in the gym a lot, trying to get stronger in my upper body. I knew that once I got healed, I had to put the weight back on my legs."-NHL.com

So he says, Corey missed a mandatory bike ride at the end of the season. Corey and 15 other players were forced to take part in bike rides, following a drinking insistent before the Hockey East Semi Final. For missing the work out, Corey will miss the first 2 or 3 games of the upcoming season. 

"It's an important year for him at college this year, to be able to be a go-to guy for their team," Gordon said. "He's shown that he has all the abilities; now he's just got to put them together and play a complete game." NHL.com

No comments:

Post a Comment