Sunday, December 9, 2012

Terriers Blank Black Bears to Close Out First Half

Sean Maguire on the penalty kill at the end of period three
(Photo by Matt Dresens) 
So, I was planing on writing a full recap, but I got to the game at the end of the second period. I had a hockey game myself starting at 6:30. So, here's what I saw while I was there.

BU played very sloppy in the third period. Nothing was clicking. The one quality set up was to Matt Nieto, who fanned on the shot.

The lone bright spot of the third period was the penalty kill. With little less than six minutes left, Ben Rosen took a five minute major for boarding. BU's PK looked stellar. They allowed Maine two quality scoring chances that Sean Maguire made impressive saves on. In all, Maguire made 28 saves for his second straight shutout.

Garrett Noonan had the lone goal of the game back in period one, on the power play.

No comments:

Post a Comment