Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So This Is The End

By now I'm sure anyone who reads this blog knows that BU's season came to an end last Saturday night with a 3-2 loss at Notre Dame in round one of the Hockey East playoffs. For the first time since 1992, BU failed to win at least one game in the HE tournament. That year (as the 4 seed) they lost to (5) Boston College 4-2 in the one game, single elimination quarterfinal format used that year.

As I said at the start of the year, this would be the last year of the blog and the last year I could cover the team. It is sad to see it go, but it may be back in a few years. Hopefully if everything works out I will actually attend BU as a student and not just an avid hockey fan. As a lot of you know I play hockey myself, and next year I am going to prep school in Maine (Bridgton Academy) to further my hockey career. Where that takes me, right now, I don't know. But I do hope I have the chance to come to BU for school (and maybe hockey, eh, coach Quinn? haha) but for now I really just don't know.

So this is the last post. Never did I think I would do this for five seasons when I started back in 8th grade. Back then I didn't even really know how to type and I actually made the site completely by accident. I was attempting to post a comment on a post on the Terrier Hockey Fan Blog when I clicked this big orange button saying "Create your own Blog" and thought to myself,  "What the hell, why not?" From there it took off and I never thought I would actually cover the games, but I stuck with it. The first year I would wake up before school to write about the team.  Five years later as a senior in high school, I have a class in school (independent study) solely devoted to the blog and covering my high school's sport teams.

Looking Toward Next Year
I don't know when the next game I will be able to go to is and it's a strange feeling because for the last whatever amount of years I always have gone to opening night. As for next year's team, it will definitely  be one to watch.

Granted this year's squad didn't win a great deal of games, but all of them (with the exception of the Maine games) were very close, at least scoreboard wise. Next year the team returns a ton of talent and also sees one of the most highly regarded recruit classes to pull on the scarlet and white. Jack Eichel headlines the class with other notable recruits including A.J. Greer and John MacLeod. Here's the complete class: Link.

I never imagined that I would stick with it that long but I'm really glad I did. It never has seemed like "work" to me, it was always something I truly enjoyed and I'm going to miss it. So I leave you with the inspiration for starting this whole thing back in the summer of 2009...


)

No comments:

Post a Comment