Saturday, October 30, 2010

Terriers Topple Riverhawks

Last night BU stayed undefeated by crushing Lowell 5-1 at Tsongas Center. Kieran Millan once again played up to his high standards as he nearly missed recording his first shutout of the year.
Millan stops 1 of 27 Lowell shots, this one coming in the
second period.
(Photo by Matt Dresens) 
During a Lowell power play in the first, BU took the lead. David Warsofsky picked up a loose puck in the BU zone. He was then able to create space with his speed and find Alex Chiasson with a backhand pass on a two on one. Chassion took the pass and shot it all in one motion beating Lowelll goalie Marc Boulanger, who had no chance at stopping it. This was the team's first short handed goal of the season.

BU received excellent goaltending throughout  the game, but especially in the first. Lowell did out play the Terriers for the first few minutes of the game. Millan had to make some big saves to keep it 0-0 and maintain the lead.

In the second BU's offence exploded, scoring a season high four goals in one period.

Chris Connolly was able to tip Ryan Santana's shot past  Boulanger. The goal came less then two minutes into the period.

Not long after the Connolly goal, Corey Trivino picked up a loose puck by the side of the net. Like only he can, Corey seemed to take his sweet time to put it over the goal line.

Less than a minute later Sahir Gill found Charlie Coyle on a two on one. Coyle roofed his shot into the top corner over  Boulanger glove.

Gill would grab the second short handed goal of the contest on a break-a-way. He pulled his forehand backhand move on  Boulanger, and slid the puck between his legs. Gill pulled the same move on UMass goalie, Jeff Teglia one week ago.

At the end of the second BU lead 5-0.

Lowell's lone goal came from Joe Caveney in a scrum in front of the BU net.

This was BU's first win by more then one goal. The two teams will face off again tonight at Agganis Arena.

Game Photos
Box Score

No comments:

Post a Comment