Tuesday, November 27, 2012

News And Notes

Ben Rosen scored his first
goal of the season, Saturday
night against St. Lawrence.
(Photo by Matt Dresens)
I was going to do a full Monday Thoughts, but then I realized I had nothing to say because I did not go to the St. Lawrence game. I was in New York City that night at the Cornell-Michigan game at Madison Square Garden. Cornell won convincingly 5-1 if anyone was wondering.

Personally, I think BU is better than both of those teams. As for the atmosphere in MSG, the place was packed, just like Red Hot Hockey was last year. Which leads me to the main point of the post. Why has the Frozen Four never been at MSG?

If BU/Michigan and Cornell can sell that place out for one game at the end of November, why cant the NCAA put the Frozen Four there in early April. Not to answer my own question, but I think it's because there is no college hockey team in NYC (If you are reading this NYU, get on that) and there is no "host".

In BU news, Sean Maguire was named Hockey East Rookie of the Week after picking up his first home win and shutout Saturday night against SLU... BU moved up to 9th in the National polls and now sit in 7th in the Pair Wise heading into the BC weekend (more on that in the coming days).

No comments:

Post a Comment