Monday, March 11, 2013

Reaction To Parker

As of now, you probably already have heard that 40 year Head Coach Jack Parker is stepping down at the end of this year. I don't want to just recap the events of his tenure, but instead show the reaction from players, coaches and people who have been around him.

Former Terrier's, from the second it was announced yesterday afternoon have been shelling out nothing but praise for their former coach via Twitter. Heres a quick look at what some of them said:








I never got the chance to interview Jack, but did get to talk to him a couple of time at the Friends of BU Hockey Winter Skate. The fact that I was about 11 the last time I did talk to him doesn't really make for a great story, but I will always respect the way he coached and what he did for the program.

Next year, regardless of who ever is behind the bench it will never be the same. Will the team be good? I hope. Will they still play at Agganis? Yes. Will they still be in Hockey East? Yes. Will they still be in the Beanpot? Yes. "Yes" is the answer to all the these questions, but it wont be the same without coach Parker behind the bench. 

Here are links to some of the best posts about Parker:

In the coming days, I will post a list of the posable candidates, but my guess is former Terrier David Quinn and Mike Sullivan will be at the top of the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment